Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kidspiration

Kidspiration is a really awesome interactive program that all students can benefit from. It offers activities for students in every area and is very user friendly. I am a first grade teacher and was able to incorporate this into my current math lessons. My students have been working on place value using the base ten blocks. Kidspiration has a base ten blocks activity that my students took turns using on our 2 class computers yesterday. They loved it and it seemed to give them a further understanding of place value. I also love what it has to offer in the science and social studies sections...There is something for most grade levels and it seems to work in conjunction with a lot of the state standards. As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I work in a private school...unfortunately my school does not have many resources for science or social studies for the primary grades, in fact I don't even have a set of text books in either of these subjects...With so much to offer in both these areas, Kidspiration is a great tool to aid in teaching them. Above all my favorite part is how easy it is to use, and how appealing the colors and graphics are...these qualities definitely help to keep kids engaged.

3 comments:

  1. Megan,

    We are happy to know that you are enjoying your experience with Kidspiration!

    If you would like to look at Kidspiration ideas, lesson plans or examples, please do not hesitate to contact us, or visit our website. Also, there are a lot of complimentary lesson plan examples on our community website: www.inspiredlearningcommunity.com.

    You may be interested to know that we have complimentary Kidspiration webcasts that are archived and available for viewing at: http://www.inspiration.com/Educators/Events#Webcasts.

    Thank you again!
    Molly O'Hara
    Inspiration Software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Megan!

    You got a note from the actual company.

    How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was very impressed with Kidspiration!

    I particularly like the fact the software covers all of the essential subjects of K-5 learners in a considerably user-friendly manner.

    The "writing view" exercise is an excellent gauge for testing the students' ability to both comprehend and justify their decisions.

    It is good to see that, at least in your private school experience, the software is being utilized.

    I say this because, as evidenced in my blog on this matter, in soliciting feedback from current K-5 educators, on a large scale, my school district is not utilizing this software.

    In their [the K-5 educators] assessment, Kidspiration does not adequately adhere to the NJCCCS.

    ReplyDelete