Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WebQuesting...

Hmm...where to begin? I think I have developed a love hate relationship with WebQuests. I absolutely love the idea of them and really enjoyed searching through them. However, I despised making one. Although, I did find the videos and links very helpful in creating my WebQuest, I still found it to be a daunting task. I know we were supposed "have fun" with this assignment, but to be honest, I did not...at all. I am sure a part of my difficulty came from not being extremely computer savvy to begin with. Since we have an extension on this module I do plan on improving my WebQuest...which is awesome because I am not completely satisfied with it. Hopefully, I will have a more pleasurable experience "fixing" it, than I did creating it.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy creating the WebQuest.

    However, trying to be positive...you do know what they are how they can be used--evem if you never use one again! Another thing you can take from the experience is the self-awareness of how frustrating it can be for your students when they are "forced" to learn something new.

    And I am sure your finished WebQuest will be wonderful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too had a hard time with creating my WebQuest. I lost count of how many times I moved onto the next section without saving first...grrr. One part of the Questgarden site that I thought was confusing was the advice/examples links from each section. At times the advice was very helpful, and other times, but several times, the links to examples were bad links. Questgarden warned that the Process section would be the most labor intensive, but I found myself flying through that part, while getting bogged down with the evaluation criteria. Best of luck improving yours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    Although I took a more diplomatic stance on this assignment, I fully appreciate your experience. I also initially took a negative approach to this assignment.

    I have to agree, the assignment could have been less daunting. That said, only after completion of my WebQuest, was I then able to really appreciate the whole experience.

    However, kudos for your honesty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan- I love your hutzpah! and wow, but now that it is done I have a tremendous sense of relief. I also had a really difficult time getting started and also had a bunch of times where I navigated away from a page to go to a site on the net and lost everything! uggh! okay that shouldn't happen to a grown man twice, but it did happen more than once!
    and to ron--same thing--now that its over I finally appreciate the whole experience

    ReplyDelete