Friday, March 13, 2009

Web Page

What a relief! I wasn't sure what to expect with building a web page...I was hoping it wasn't anything like the WebQuest...I am happy to say, it's not. Honestly, building the web page with Scholastic Web Builder is so simple! It isn't necessarily ideal for someone who wants to get real creative, but it is very easy. I'm enthusiastic about finishing mine because it is something I would love to use with my class. I am huge on communication with parents and I think that using a web page is a great way to keep the lines of communication open. Also, students know what to expect and can reflect of special events or activities by looking a pictures on the page whixh is awesome! Several of the teachers I work with use this and I have heard nothing but good things from them and from parents, the students in higher grade seem to find it useful as well.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I actually felt the same thing when used the Scholastic Web Page Builder. The interface was easier to use and definitely got me over that fear that it would be another webquest! I'm not teaching yet, but you do make a great point regarding communication with parents/students. The web is a great way to do so and I will definitely be utilizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the webpage can be used to post daily homework assignments. This is particularly helpful when kids forget their homework "dittos" or assignments at school. Not only could they go online to access the homework, but they could "email" the assignment back to the teacher. Way to go green--it would save a ton of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a terrific way to "go green". This is a plus of online postings!

    ReplyDelete