Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lesson Plans...

After looking through all the resources in module 10 to help with lesson planning I was overwhelmed with ideas...in a good way. It took me forever to decide what I wanted to write me lesson plan on...but once I decided it was a lot of fun. I chose to use the SmartBoard in my lesson plan because it is something I am currently learning about. My school got one about a year ago and we have had several professional development workshops about how to use it. It is really an awesome interactive tool to use in the classroom...the students love it (at all grade levels), it helps to engage them and keeps their attention well. I hope to start using the SmartBoard more and this assignment helped me to develop a lesson that I actually can use with my own class!
In addition to lesson planning...I do feel that lessons should be well thought out and detailed, however, I do agree with some other blogs that it is sometimes difficult and at times impossible to completely follow lessons as planned. As far as substitutes go, I usually leave alternate plans. Although, I'm sure most subs are capable of following lessons, I wouldn't expect them to.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a blast! I never worked with a smartboard and I am scared to find out that most of the kids in elementary schooltoday probably know how to work one and I don't at 22! I too had a hard time deciding what topic I wanted to write about, but after some time I figured which one would be interesting to work and be creative with. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete